- This 41,000-square-foot building would be sited in a prominent, elevated location in the heart of Federal Way, and take advantage of expansive views of Mt. Rainier and the surrounding territory.
- The facility would include a publicly accessible lobby and a generous outdoor
public plaza. Complementing the PAEC would be an on-site, approximately
- The Center will be a multipurpose venue intended to accommodate theatrical, musical, dance, artistic and spoken-word performances in its 700-seat,
- Conferences, seminars, meetings, and other assembly events will also take
place in both the auditorium and its 8,000 square feet of event facilities.
- A catering kitchen and other support facilities in the Center will accommodate
the widest possible range of events.
- The Federal Way PAEC is intended to accommodate a growing local demand for performance space by numerous community performance companies, as well as serve as a South King County venue for touring acts and performance series.
- A key feature of the proposed Center is its programmatic commitment to addressing the Federal Way community’s diverse array of constituencies and attendant needs: from lower-income and disadvantaged communities’ needs for meeting and gathering space, to a gamut of ethnic communities’ needs for performance, gathering and meeting space, to the goal of enhancing the opportunities for Federal Way Public School District students to be educated in the performance arts and production technical skills.
- The estimated cost for the Federal Way PAEC is approximately $31,850,000, which will be funded by a variety of sources, including City funds, State funds, King County-4Culture grant monies, naming rights, sponsorships, donations, contributions and potentially federal New Markets Tax Credits.
A complete Fact Sheet is available here, or, for more information, please feel free to call 253-835-2414 or email / email@example.com